TO EAT OR NOT TO EAT!!!



Greek God Bod!
More actors should learn from Hrithik Roshan! Not just revealing their unflattering pictures, but also his new diet regime! Honestly, I don't know any actor who would post a picture of his flabby self. Although, what caught my attention more, was what Hrithik had to say about his diet and his healthy new self. And I couldn't agree more with the actor!


Now I may not have that sexy body Hrithik carries, but I do know for a fact that starving is not the answer to weight loss. Not that I would ever starve myself for anything in the world! I'm too much of a foodie to do that! But Hrithik says exactly what I have been practicing for the last 5 years and advising my family and close friends too! The answer to weight loss is in eating small meals through the day! 6 to 8 small meals every 2 hours. Of course, that doesn't mean burgers, pizzas or doughnuts every 2 hours!


My Fitness Guru... 5 years ago at Kajol's Lonavala home!
For the last 5 years I have been following a healthy, nutritious diet, thanks to Kajol. 5 years ago, when she lost a substantial amount of weight in such little time, I asked her the secret. She just looked at me and asked me, "What secret?" She laughed and continued, "I'm not on any diet Ryan. I eat everything. It's just that I eat them in small portions, every two hours." And that's when she explained how her food consisted of low carbs and high protein.




My day begins with a glass of warm water, lime juice and honey. For breakfast, around 9 am, I have a glass of raw, mixed vegetable juice - Ashgourd, Red Pumpin, Beetroot, Carrot, Celery and Mint, a bowl of fruits, an egg white omelette & chicken sausages. I do alternate it with dosas/idlis or poha and perhaps on a Sunday, I'll indulge myself with Poori Bhaji or Aloo Paratha. Although the vegetable juice is a must everyday.  At 11, I have a small portion of a salad or a fruit. Lunch at 1 pm is a small bowl of Dal, Sabzi, a small bowl of Rice ( I hate Rotis!), a Salad, sometimes accompanied with a Chicken or a slice of Fish. At 3, again, it's  a small bowl of fruit or sprouts. At 5, a small portion of Poha or an Idli or Utthappa. Dinner is at 8, again a small portion of Rice, Dal, Sabzi/Chicken & Salad. Sometime is is also a Fish Curry Rice or a Grilled Chicken with Salad or A Chicken & Vegetable Stir Fry Noodles.


Bhaav, my Taskmaster at Strut - The Dancemakers!
None of this will help if there is no sort of excercise. And I don't mean hitting the gym. God knows how much I hate getting my ass to the gym! For me it's my boyfriend, Bhaavesh Gandhi's Strut - The Dancemaker's dance class. The first half hour comprises of a killer workout, and the other half, a dance routine. I cannot tell you how energetic I feel. It's like I'm on speed! Of course, I have my days of indulgence... I do not deprive myself of anything... an occasional bout of binging on desserts, junk food or even alcohol... But despite that I cannot escape the 2-hour meals. Somehow your system gets used to it and you'll realise that your stomach automatically demands food after 2 hours. People have looked at me and wondered how I eat the amount I eat and still do not put on weight. The answer to is in eating, and not starving! So, Happy Eating!




Comments

  1. A great read Ryan! thanks for posting the perfect combination of information and entertainment! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Ryan...Very cool information with a Bollywood Touch...exciting for us living overseas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Priya & Neetu! I am glad you liked it. Will be posting more stuff soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The things you have said make a lot of sense, but the unfortunate part is that it's very difficult to maintain such a healthy diet schedule for most people- especially for students. I think similar sentiments are echoed by Rujeta Diwekar in her book on health and diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please keep writing............the biggest problem most of us go through is "Kal se Kal se Kal se"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts