A TRIP DOWN GOAN LANES!


Last night, I found myself walking down the familiar lanes of Veronica Street in Bandra. It took me back to the days when I lived in a studio apartment on Varoda Road, over a decade ago. Weekends in these lanes were lovely! The air mingled with the seductive aromas of vindaloo, sorpatel, pulao, chilly fry or sometimes beef curry in green masala or delicious fish curry and fried fish... all this with some soulful, typical Catholic music, the pungent smell of feni, Bandra boys in their typical shorts with beer bellies... C’est la vie!

All of these memories flooded all over again when I made a trip for a Saturday night chilling session with Warren and his Sardarni wife, Rubal (Yeah! quite a combo, that! We'll talk about that later...) Warren without his stories of Goa is just not the perfect evening... a foodie who cannot see beyond his Granny's Goan food, Goa for him is Assolna and his fishing trips down there. And just like that I was transported to Goa! And all this talk of Goa and Goan food made me crave one of the dishes I love the most, Goa Sausage Chilly Fry! 

Next thing I know I was in Warren & Rubal's kitchen with my Teacher's Whiskey in hand, cooking Sausage Chilly Fry! It is one of the easiest and the fastest dishes to rustle up! And no Chorizo in the world matches up to this Goan Chorizo! As soon as the chilly fry found its way to the table, the hungry foodies attacked it! What a night! Do you blame me for waking up this morning and craving some of that chilly fry?

Pic Courtesy: finelychopped.net
Goan Sausage Chilly Fry
Ingredients:
1/4 kg Goan Sausages
3-4 onions, roughly sliced
2-3 tomatoes, roughly sliced
4-5 slit, green chillies
3 potatoes, cubed
Salt to taste
Method:
Take the sausage off from the casing and put it in a pan with the onions, chillies, tomatoes and potatoes with a cup of water. Add salt and stir and cook on very low gas till the potatoes are done and the water all evaporated. Fry well and serve with Pao or poi!

Comments

  1. Hi Ryan.....I was on the lookout for goan sausage curry....and came across your blog. .loved reading your recipes. ..and the way you present them...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts