THE PERFECT EVENING!


So! After lying in bed with the flu, I woke up last evening with this burning desire to eat a juicy steak! (Clearly, I was fine!) Actually, the craving began on Monday, but I resisted. 

But before I rushed off to satiate that craving, I found myself looking forward to the one hour dance class of Strut season 4! And believe me, what a fantastic class it was! It was an hour of full-on endorphin rush! I felt like I had guzzled a bottle of wine! I was bouncing off the walls! Thank you Bhaav for being the wonderful teacher you are! 

Bhaav (extreme right) and the invigorating Strut Class!
So, after working up an appetite, I was even more eager to head to the nearest place that served the best steak. In an hour, Bhaav and I found ourselves seated with our 'diva'licious (Apart from Bhaav, Rick's the only person who's a bigger diva than JLo!) friend, Rick Roy at Indigo Cafe in Andheri, to not only eat a great meal but celebrate Strut's first class! What we had forgotten was being 30th January, it was a dry day due to Mahatma Gandhi's death anniversary! (I'm sure the Father of the Nation who fought for our freedom must also wonder why we still mourn his death, and are still not free in this country!)

The Scrumptious Chicken Caesar Salad!


Anyway, this was one time I was glad to concentrate only on food. Bhaav and Rick contemplated appetizers. I couldn't wait to dig into the filet mignon! So we decided on a Chicken Caesar Salad. We pounced on it like vultures when it arrived. The lettuce (and I like the fact that they do not use Iceberg Lettuce) leaves were perfectly coated with the Caesar dressing, the croutons, crunchy and the chicken perfectly grilled. 

The perfect filet mignon







And after ten minutes arrived my 1/4-kilo of Chargrilled Filet Mignon with Jus and Grilled vegetables. As tempted as I was about eating the mashed potato, I resisted. 
The Jus simply sublime, the filet mignon a perfect medium rare. I devoured the steak like it was the only thing in the world that existed in that moment. Rick and Bhaav's chatter was almost inaudible. I was transported into a world where it was just this beautiful filet and I! Even Rick's Basa didn't lure me to dig into his plate. And I think I was a cat in my previous birth because I cannot resist fish ever! Anyway, my romance with my filet was short-lived! I had wiped off the plate! 


The perfect punctuation to a great meal! Orange Coffee Soufflé!
Then came Bhaav's Margarita Pizza. Yes, the forever-obsessed-about-his weight Bhaav decided to throw caution to the wind for one evening! But another reason for Bhaav being unable to resist the pizza here: they make one of the best thin crust pizzas! It's scrumptiously delicious! The pizza is perfectly crusty, the right amount of tomato sauce and a very generous throw of cheese! The perfect punctuation to this wonderful evening was the dessert.  The delectable Orange & Coffee Soufflé. After that, I was in a state of coma, wishing I could be transported directly to my bed! 

On that note, I am off to satiate another craving for breakfast... I'm going to cook for myself Goan Sausage Chilly Fry with Pau! 

P.S: I suspect I was a Goan cat in my previous birth! 




Comments

Popular Posts