The House Of Lloyd’s!


Last night my boyfriend and I met up with friends for dinner at The Yellow Tree Café. Something about the ochre yellow colour in the restaurant transported me to a beautiful yellow house in Goa! I couldn’t help but dream of Lloyd’s deliciously lip smacking Pork Chops that I recently devoured there.

But let me rewind a little bit to December 2011. I went with a close friend Natasha and her friends for dinner to Lloyd’s. I looked around and every table had plates of Pork Chops. My friends ordered them too! Now, until then I only ate Pork sausages & salamis, but never Pork. I couldn’t resist the aroma wafting around me and the sight of that perfectly cooked, smoking hot Pork Chops! Reddish, partly charred the chops glistened with a beautiful glaze of barbeque sauce, sweet & tangy at the same time. Overnight, I had become a pork lover!

When Lloyd's just served Goan Cuisine.
I’ll never forget the first time my friends, Pooja & Munna, took me to Lloyd’s. It was nearly a decade ago! Housed in a garage in Candolim, Lloyd’s had just four tables back then. It had a fixed menu (still does!), which changed everyday. I simply love the concept of a daily fixed menu. It’s so exciting and exhilarating to not know what you’ll find on the menu! Whets my appetite even more! Anyway, over the years, Lloyd’s became famous, with people queuing up, waiting for hours to get a table.

Passionate about his BBQ! Lloyd Braganza at Lloyd's.

Today, this little restaurant has six tables and barbeque menu too. The delicious aromas of Pork Chops, Lamb Chops, Steaks and Grilled Chicken Sausages & Pork Sausages start wafting from 7 o'clock every evening. It’s like a drug that envelops you and beckons you into the restaurant! Some hardcore vegetarians I know have grudgingly admitted that they wished vegetarian food gave off such a lovely aroma. Let me warn you that the vegetarians have to suffer at this little joint!

The gorgeous House Of Lloyd's!

But worry not! On my recent trip, I discovered that Lloyd has opened his magnificent, 150 year old Portuguese house to all his patrons! It’s called The House Of Lloyd’s. The huge garden, with a lovely courtyard makes a stunning setting for his restaurant, with the large, beautiful yellow house as the perfect backdrop. Here you’ll find an unassuming man standing by the barbeque, lovingly grilling the meat. You may not believe that this is `the’ Lloyd… Lloyd Braganza!

 The Goan food, cooked by Lloyd’s mother, is purely authentic! From the Amsol (Pork beautifully cooked in kokum), Feijuada, Coiliolo and Suckling Roast to the Vindaloo, Ambotik, Sorpotel, Prawn Curry & Fish Curry, Potato Chops, Sausage Chilly Fry, Beef chilly Fry, Beef Green Curry, Prawn Curry and the works! The food is distinctly old Goan food that you’ll not find in any of the restaurants in Goa. The menu here has more variety, AND vegetarians can also be happy! There are plenty of options for them too! But whatever you do, do not forget the Pork Chops! I’m salivating as I write this!

But trust me, you haven’t been to Goa if you haven’t eaten at Lloyd’s.

9823032273 / 9930326136
House of Lloyd's
Saipem, Candolim
Bardez - Goa.


Comments

  1. Good stuff Ryan,
    Hope all is well for you. Still waiting on my letters of rec before I send my submissions to Dharma and Balaji- Hope to speak with you guys soon and find a place in the industry.

    As always, thank you for your kindness and patients.

    Take care and I will check in on your blog regularly-
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christopher! All's well. Hope all's well with you too?

    Cheers!
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is well just antsy to get the submission process started. At the very least with my letters of rec and submissions you might find something for me to do over there, no?

      We need to have a long chat about "The Help" sometime. I enjoyed your tweets but have a point to bring up that you might enjoy.

      Is your friend Kajol interested in the small screen? There might be a role for her in one of my submissions.

      Drop me an email sometime :)
      Speak soon,
      Christopher
      c.morrow11@juno.com

      Delete
  3. Well I am one of those hardcore vegetarians that you mentioned in your post! I hope you do post things that would interest our breed too :)

    Best Regards
    Piyush

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a vegetarian and i am salivating!! My moms definitely going to freak out if i tell her where my taste buds are heading right now.... I guess its just the way you've written it...... You have to write about some lip smacking veg food now... you owe it to the veggies.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well.. I am a chiketarian (Chicken is the only non-veg food I eat) and was there at Lloyds with him and you can just imagine what I was going through!

    One more Vote for the "We want a Veg post" Campaign!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts