WEEKEND WHIRLWIND!!!!!

There's a reason why someone coined the phrase, "It's just not my day"! Yesterday, was clearly not my day! Woke up early with the noble intention of reading a script, writing my blog, finishing a meeting on my pilot episode's edit, shopping for a very close friend, Deepali's baby shower, attending it, buying grocery for the Sunday dinner Niranjan wants to host for our friend Raza and then heading out with Bhaav and Ambrish for a party. I know, I know that's quite a packed day, right? But guess what? Someone out there decided that's not how it's gonna be!

Here's what happened! As I tried to read my script... the doorbell kept ringing incessantly & my housemaid, (yes, Jacinta) decided to arrive in her own sweet fucking time! As a result, I burst a vessel! Now that was not a great state of mind to read a screenplay! Especially after the person toiled on it for God knows how long, alone in his room! So I decided to write my blog, but on one hand I had Bhaav discussing the artwork and the ad for his Strut The Dancemakers' Season 3 classes, and on the other, there was Niranjan, discussing his lyrics and song recording with Preity Zinta. And no, I could not have escaped them even if I locked myself in the other room! Or maybe, the writer in me was just being lazy and subconsciously looking for all sorts of excuses. I don't know why, but I sat there staring at my laptop screen for nearly two hours!

My meeting at 12 didn't arrive. At 12.30, I burst another vessel and left for the market. Yes, the one place which instantly takes the edge off me and makes me smile... the sight of stalls lined up with fresh, colorful vegetables piled up, begging to be picked and cooked, of fresh, red juicy meat, the aroma of herbs and spices and the cacophony of a busy market is extremely comforting. I felt so much better once I was there! As I browsed through Nature's Basket, picking up different types of cheese, Anu messaged me. The unexpected prospect of meeting Anu made me happy. Even the idea of aborting the plan of shopping for Deepali's baby shower didn't bother me. Once home, the afternoon took another turn. Suddenly, it had turned into a late, lazy lunch with Anu, Jitesh Pillai, Ambrish, Niranjan and Bhaav.

With my bestest friends, Niranjan & the sexy Anu!
And then a call for an urgent meeting put a spanner in all my Saturday evening plans. Couldn't make it to the baby shower or do anything! I didn't give up hope however. Finally, at 10.30 I made it to the party and managed to have a little bit of the day to myself!

Woke up this morning bright and excited with the thought of cooking dinner. Yes, cooking is always invigorating, rejevunating and uplifting.  The sheer process of chopping, frying, the sizzle on onions, the aroma garlic, the sauces bubbling, the texture of meat, the tossing of vegetables... Astrud Gilberto crooning Girl From Ipanema, a chilled Bloody Mary in hand, friends hanging around... Could there be a more perfect Sunday?

What have I cooked, you ask? Well, Morroccan Spiced Roast Chicken, Kheema Masoor Pulao, Italian Salad, Creamy Veg Lasagna with Mushrooms & Soya granules  & Garlicky Mashed Potatoes! (Yes, recipes will follow soon!). And I cannot tell you how satisfied and happy I feel! So, lesson learned, you don't need a Saturday to make it feel like a Saturday! You can turn any day into a Saturday! And my weekend's just begun!

Comments

  1. Welll..... You didn't blog on Saturday but you blogged about both Saturday and Sunday together and made up for it :) :)....

    PS: I envy your friends who get to savour your delicacies....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow baby....what a blog...so well written...am your follower now. Please keep writing and yes dont forget the recipes...Muah!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts