Life is in the little details!


The turbulent ocean & the peace within!
I haven’t slept a wink last night. Oddly, sleep eludes me even now. Odd, because I always sleep at the touch of a pillow!! So after a lot of tossing & turning, reading the universe's tweets, I decide to write. So I sit here, with my first ever blog, with my mother’s sometime gentle & sometimes very loud snores punctuating my sentences. 


What’s this blog about you ask? Although I was very clear about the content of my blog, I made the error of going through a volley of ‘Instructions’ and ‘Success formulas’ for beginners to become famous bloggers... Now I'm thoroughly confused! Thanks to the lack of sleep, I feel wired as a cokehead and charged as a fucking horse on speed! And yet, so clear about my blog. Go figure!
"Life is all about the little details!"
Oh! So what is my blog about? It’s about the little things that bring a smile to my face, the minute details of the daily humdrum of life that brings me immense joy, and stuff that you can feel deep in your bones is so right, that it makes you soar with happiness on an otherwise drab day! At the risk of sounding clichéd, Ry (that’s short for Ryan), A Ladle & A Ticket is about life and filtering the bad out and soaking yourself in only the good. Like someone out there said, “God is in the details," I would like to say, "Life is all about the little details!” 



Have you ever walked down the market on a day when depression tried to get the better of you? Try it! The sight of the fresh produce in the market & its cacophony, the colorful vegetables piled up, the energy and the life in the market will elevate you to such a high, that no alcohol or drug can ever provide. Which is why I look forward to Sundays… the day I meet my favourite local fisherwoman, Rekha, at the Four Bungalow market. Her infectious smile and the freshest of supply of fish, brings a spring in my walk. (Promise to post her picture soon!)
Best friends Niranjan & Kajol enjoying my Sunday lunch!


What else brings a smile to my face? Walking into my bright yellow kitchen and making magic with pots, pans, ladles & the freshest of produce from the market, the walk from the airport to the aircraft, my Mother’s abundant amount of energy & zest for life, my close friend, Niranjan, whose look says it all (He doesn't have to use much words with me!), another best friend, Anu's heartwarming smile, that is, when she's not playing the Jhaansi ki Rani, my boyfriend, Bhaav’s angelic face when he’s sleeping, cooking for friends & family, the eunuch at the signal who chats with me like I were her best friend, lying on my bed and watching a movie, lying on the beaches of Goa & doing nothing… I could go on and on... Which I will in my future updates! 


From the food that I eat or cook, to the places I travel to, the people I meet or the movies that I watch, this Ry, Ladle & A Ticket is about the things that touch me the most... It’s a window to my bubble! 

Comments

  1. i love your bubble.... keep it coming.. looking forward to reading some more.. and may be a recipe or two for when depression hits... love you always... sunita....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sunita! Will be seeing more of my little bubble! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan!!! Wow man... You have a real gift! I am inspired.... This little 'detailed' piece truly got me thinking about how we tend to overlook the small countless pleasures of life in our quest for a handful for bigger and what we consider and prioritize as better goals.....

    Waiting for the next one!!!!!
    Karan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryano , you write so well my darling I am proud of you. If your dad would have been here, he too would of been equally proud of you. keep writing bye.
    love you too too much

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mom! I'm so happy you like it! Love you to death!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing post ryan...u have mentioned things that people dont stop to think about....you got me thinking and honestly, please dont stop blogging coz its fun to read your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts