THE CACOPHONY OF LIFE!

What do you do when you want to shut the unwanted cacophony of life? What do I mean by that, you ask? Well, like I've mentioned earlier (and by now you may have gathered), I'm not the regular single man whose daily woes might be waking up, dealing with hangover, or a nagging girlfriend, or the fact that the bike won't start, date getting cancelled, and therefore  the lack of getting laid! And I'm certainly not like most regular single guys who are content with greasy Chinese takeaway, sitting in pubs, discussing cars, cricket, chicks, chicks and more chicks.

I'm that guy who wakes up with great aspirations of achieving plenty in a day... write my blog, my screenplay (I prefer writing in the mornings), read the pile of scripts, that only increases, some exercise and watch a good movie or TV show. But guess what? I'm forced to be the guy who wakes up, calls my maid (she's never on time or bunks more than once a week), and when Queen Victoria does arrive, i have to tell her what to cook! Then, as I sit to write, she finds ways of interrupting me with her inane questions!

The Girl From Ipanema... Astrud Gilberto!
And that's what I mean by life's cacophony - the harassing maid (I know they all are! So please don't give me that one!), the washing machine breaking down, the hammering & drilling from my neighbor's upcoming Taj Mahal (they've been renovating their house for what seems like eons!)...

So what do I do to shut out the cacophony? Cut the problem from the root! After months of deliberation, I have finally decided to sack my maid! Yes... it will be difficult to cope initially. But then what isn't? Secondly, switch off from the world. I know this sounds easier said than done, but it's all about practice. I play some soulful music... Like right now, I'm listening to some Bossa Nova music (And I'll thank Pooja till the day I die for introducing me to this music!). The soothing voice of Astrud Gilberto wafts through the speakers, calms my frayed nerves, transporting me instantly to another place... This music beams me instantly to a beach on a lazy, Sunday afternoon... the sound of the ocean, wine and mimosas, tables laden with seafood mingled with sounds of sheer happiness... And just like that, I'm in a happier place, sans all the unwanted din of life! Try it... You'll know what I mean.


Comments

  1. queen victoria is going.... oh my goodness me..... who's going to say "bhaiyya kya banane ka?" ... bhaiyya late ho jayega.... etc... lol ... love u ryan.. hope u get another victoria only not a queen.... mwah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Yes Sunita, but no I don't need another Victoria, queen or not! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts