QUICK FIX SANDWICHES!


After a long day, I reached home exhausted, hungry and craving a good sandwich! I wanted something fresh, filling and crunchy. I knew exactly what I wanted and I wasn't prepared to hunt or expect any takeaway restaurant to come up with it. That got me into a fit of making my own sandwich, even if that meant waiting a longer to satiate my hunger! So I found myself in the nearest supermarket, picking up some fresh bread, cold cuts and lettuce! Of course I had visions of making something truly decadent! But better sense prevailed and I decided subtlety would be best. So here's what I rustled up!

TURKEY & CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH CREAMY CHIPOTLE CHILI



Toast 4 large slices of Ciabatta bread. I had a multigrain ciabatta. Of course, you can use any good, hard bread that can hold your sandwich. 

Finely chop a few Chipotle chilies & parsley and combine with 5 Tbsps. sour cream or even a good quality thick yoghurt. 

Lightly butter two slices of bread. Spread the creamy chipotle-parsley dip on the non toasted slice bread. Take a few slices (or as many as you prefer) of any ready to eat cold cuts... I used Turkey with mortadella and Chicken Chili Salami. Lay the slices on the chipotle chili cheese dip. Top with sliced onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapenos and romaine lettuce. You could also throw in olives if you like. Throw in a splash of barbeque sauce, mustard and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil. You could even throw in some cheese of your preference. Add the other slice and dig into your sandwich, which will ooze with the chipotle dip and barbeque sauce. 




Comments

Popular Posts