CHILI CRAVINGS!!!


My friend Niranjan (I know I mention him quite often, but that's because he doesn't cease to be amazed how anyone can be so obsessed with food!), can't understand how I could wake up and know what I want to eat. It's strange, but I wake up most mornings knowing exactly what I crave to eat... I can feel it in my bones! That's another expression he had never heard anywhere else. Anyway, this evening I woke up feeling like eating spicy Chili Prawns... and since I was on bed rest for an entire week, I had a humungous craving for something spicy!
So, happy to get out of bed, I went into the kitchen and cooked myself this red hot chili prawns with steam rice. One of my favorite comfort foods! Please note, I used the very tiny shrimp. I find it packed with more flavor! so, here it is, my take of the Goan style chili prawns.
 

CHILI PRAWNS




Ingredients:


2 cups prawns
1 large or 2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 to 3 tomatoes, chopped fine
1 large green pepper or capsicum, chopped into cubes
3 green chilies, finely chopped
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
2 Tsps. chili powder or paprika
1 Tsp. coriander powder
1 Tsp. garam masala 
1/2 Tsp. cinnamon powder
Handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. palm vinegar or malt vinegar
1 Tbsp. oil


Method:


Devein, rinse and drain prawns. In a wok, heat oil, add onions and saute. Add garlic, ginger and the chilies. Saute and add chopped tomatoes. Throw in the powdered spices, half chopped coriander leaves and stir fry well. Add prawns and stir in the capsicum. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with steam rice. 

Comments

Popular Posts